Friday, September 30, 2022

We Hit The Road


Not All Who Wander Are Lost

It was a rough Winter, ran out of propane a time or two because we had to pay up front. Wood stove didn't really heat the place that well, so we started talking about going somewhere warmer like the Southwest. We thought about going somewhere where we wouldn't freeze to death. By the time my Guard obligation was done in late Summer we had decided on Seattle, thought maybe I could get a job with Boeing because of my Air Force experience. 

We loaded as much as we could into an old station wagon and dropped the kids at their grandparents. We headed West, went as far as  Grand Forks, ND, then headed North to Winnipeg. There we got on the Trans-Canada hwy. 

All the while we were traveling we were singing a song, The Gambler. We especially related to the lines, "You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them. Know when to walk away, know when to run."

Anywho, we drove West through Canada until in British Columbia when we were straight up from Seattle we turned South. When we got to the Seattle area we got a motel room with a kitchenette and started looking for work.

Macrum does a song at the end of his posts, so I'll try that too.



2 comments:

MRMacrum said...

Well, first of all your music link worked fine.

Second, I am assuming this is a memory from a younger time. Isn't the Trans-Canadian HWY beautiful. Especially over Roger's Pass?

Third, I do not think I have ever commented on this blog of yours. Always a first time. Excellent.

Kulkuri said...

MRMacrum The link still doesn't work, that's why I put the video at the end. The link to youtube is what I copied and pasted with my phone, the video is what I added using my confuser.

Yes it was beautiful country going through the Canadian Rockies.

This happened in 1979 when we said Fuck It! and went to Seattle.